1164 Johnson Blvd. South Lake Tahoe, Ca 96150
From here on out to be referred to and known as SLTVR
When you provide owner or owner’s representative with your rental fee and/or deposit for your stay at SLTVR, the reservation confirmation and the following Terms and Conditions become a binding contract.
1. POLICIES You and any guests shall comply with all policies to ensure a safe environment and the peaceful enjoyment of this unique location. Pets, smoking inside building, glass in hot tub, or burning of candles, illegal drugs, firearms, lighting of fires, hazardous substances and materials, including fireworks, are not allowed at any time. Policies are established and enforced by owner / owner’s representative and are subject to change. It is your responsibility to review and abide by any additional policies and instructions regarding house inventory and operations which are contained in SLTVR house manual located in the house. A copy of this signed contract will be inside the manual upon your arrival. Violations may result in you and your guests being asked to vacate SLTVR without refund or recourse.
2. OCCUPANCY Maximum Occupancy is 8 persons. Primary occupant must be age 25 or older, facsimile of a valid driver's license will be required (Maximum of 6 overnight parked vehicles allowed: City of South Lake Tahoe Vacation Rental Law and owner / owner’s representative allows 8 guests and 6 vehicles, please refer to the STLVR house manual for overnight parking hours).
3. CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT Check-in is 4:00pm; check-Out is by 11:00am. If you are unable to check out by 11:00am, additional fees may be charged. Late check-out or early check-in may be possible by prior arrangement. Owner/ owner’s representative will try to be as flexible as possible with your schedule, but other guest arrivals will take precedence.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT AND DAMAGES A security deposit of $500.00 is required to cover any damages, breakage, missing items, additional cleaning if left abnormally dirty, key replacement, remote control replacement and other charges as owner/ owner’s representative determine are necessary. Such deposit or credit card charge will also be utilized by owner/ owner’s representative for any bills or charges not settled before check-out. Should actual damages or charges exceed the deposit amount, you authorize owner/ owner’s representative to charge and collect such additional actual damages or bills from your credit card. PLEASE NOTE- ALL FEES MUST BE PAID BY CREDIT CARD ONLY!
5. RELEASE OF LIABILITY You hereby irrevocably release and agree to hold owner, their staff, representatives, agents and volunteers harmless from and against all liability and responsibility whatsoever for: I) any loss of or damage to your property, II) personal injury, or III) loss of life, which may occur to you, members of your party, and your guests as a result of your use of SLTVR. You, members of your party and your guests are solely responsible for safely securing your own personal property, including jewelry and other valuables, as well as SLTVR, which includes securing all windows and doors while away.
6. EVENTS This is a quiet neighborhood of mainly year round residents, because of this and South Lake Tahoe Vacation Rental Laws no bachelor/bachelorette party, wedding/wedding reception, or any other event/party involving more than 8 persons is allowed. We have a neighbor to the left of our driveway so keeping quiet when arriving home late or leaving early is greatly appreciated. All tenant's must abide by City of South Lake Tahoe laws including noise ordinance 10:00p.m. -7:00a.m. City of South Lake Tahoe law requires a fine of up to $250.00 for vacation rentals in South Lake Tahoe. If the police are called for any disturbance calls, that will be deducted from your security deposit. Our neighbors have our phone numbers to call us first so we may call you but this isn't always possible. Communicating this information to all your guests is the responsibility of the lessee. This is our home and we ask that you treat it with the same respect you would your own.
7. PAYMENT AND CONFIRMATION Payment of the rental deposit (first half of rental fee plus security deposit) is required to confirm your reservation. Full payment of the remaining rental fee (second half of rental fee plus non-refundable cleaning fee of $200.00 and occupancy tax of 10% of total stay at daily rate) is required 30 days before arrival or your reservation is subject to cancellation according to paragraph 8. All reservations made within 30 days of check in date will require full payment at time of reservation. Until your rental deposit payment is received and acknowledged by owner/owner’s representative, your reservation is not confirmed and your requested dates are subject to booking by others. You are responsible for knowing the dates for payment and making the timely payment of the rental deposit and also the final payment. When you pay your deposit by credit card, you authorize owner/ owner’s representative to also charge the final payment balance on the due date to the same credit card.
8. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS All fees paid, less a $50.00 administration charge, plus any credit card fees, will be refunded to you in the event that you cancel your reservation 31 days or more prior to your scheduled arrival date. Cancellation by you will result in your forfeit of 100% of the rental fee if such cancellation occurs 30 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival unless we are able to rebook the dates in which you reserved (in the case we can re-book, you will forfeit only the $50.00 administration charge and be refunded all other fees paid). Cancellations must be made in writing to owner/ owner’s representative and acknowledged by them. No-shows, late arrivals or early departures are all non-refundable. Your security deposit, less any applicable amounts deducted, will be refunded in the form of a check within 21 days from your departure date.
9. CHANGES Owner/ owner’s representative will make every effort to provide SLTVR as offered, but if they are unable to provide you with the premises for reasons beyond their control, they will advise you at the earliest possible date. Owner/ owner’s representative will cancel the booking and refund all payments, and will not be liable for any further cancellation charges or expenses related to your other travel arrangements.
10. INSURANCE Travel insurance, homeowners insurance or other policies are available to cover certain misfortunes, unexpected events and delays which might interrupt, delay or cancel travel plans during your rental period. Appropriate coverage from such agencies should be considered by you prior to time of booking your travel.
11. COMPLAINTS All representations made by owner/ owner’s representative with respect to SLTVR are complete and accurate to the best of their knowledge and made in good faith. Owner/ owner’s representative is not responsible for issues outside of their control such as the failure of the water supply, gas, electricity, heating, television, satellite service, Internet service, appliances, hot tub, BBQ, entertainment equipment, etc., though they will endeavor to arrange for any such problems to be corrected as soon as practical. If you have any such problem during a rental period, you must notify owner/ owner’s representative immediately. Complaints filed only after departing or vacating SLTVR cannot be taken into consideration. Guests who abandon SLTVR without authorization from owner/ owner’s representative waive all claims to refunds or remedy.
12. STORM POLICY AND ROAD CONDITIONS No refunds will be given for storms or formidable weather. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep and often dangerous in snowy or icy conditions. Roads in and out of the Lake Tahoe basin are well maintained, however we highly recommend four wheel drive or chains during the winter months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
13. LINENS While linens and bath towels are included in unit; we suggest you bring beach towels for spa use. After your stay, please load and start dishwasher. Strip beds and leave sheets on top of beds used.
14. GARBAGE Trash should be put out on street Tuesday evening after 6:00pm for Wednesday morning pick-up. We have bears in our neighborhood so please keep all garbage in garage all other nights.
15. GOVERNING LAWS This agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
For more information please contact